Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Consider It Mashed
















Ha HA! Bet you'd all thought I'd dropped off the face of the earth, huh? Well, fair enough, I had. But I'm back, for mashups-related goodness.

Mashups, I'd have to say, are one of the things that I've learned the most from in 23 Things: mostly because it goes directly against my idea that two types of information are difficult if not impossible to shove together properly. I mean, I can barely get two different versions of Outlook Express to talk to each other.

I had planned a simple (de)motivational poster, but then I couldn't find the pic I wanted. So I decided to draw it. And colour it. And make it one of a series....

I'm sure you can all see where this is going, so in the end I just decided to post what I had so far and run with it. It needs a lot more work, and I don't know if the other sketches will ever see the light of day- other scribbles are calling my name...

For any who are interested, the art is based off a pencil sketch, lined then coloured in photoshop. The motivational poster mashup over at Bighugelabs took care of the rest.

6 comments:

Nerd of the Library said...

Very nice. Very cute.
If you can make 12 of these babies by Xmas, I can get Mary to print posh, glossy calendars of this for you.
FANTASTIC!
Or I can get some glossy greeting cards made for you.
??

Nerd of the Library said...

P.S., Do some motivational ones as well, Dude :-)

Sleepydumpling said...

You know I'm not going to leave you alone until I see the rest of the series right?

Troll said...

12? By Christmas? What are you, kidding me? :)

We'll see how any more go, though. Anyone have a better suggestion for the caption for this one? It doesn't quite capture the idea...

Unknown said...

Yay! I love it. Go have a lookit mine and see if you like.

Nerd of the Library said...

Ideas for a comment?

"Size does matter"

???

I don't know!

LOL

:-P