Saturday, December 13, 2008

Online Apps

Like, say, World of Warcraft. No? Damn.

Well then, on to Google Docs!

The availablilty of a free online Word clone is fantastic. Okay, okay, it doesn't have all the features but it'll type up your resume and covering letter without too many dramas- what more can you ask for? (Seriously, let them know and they'll probably include it in the next version.) I liked some of the features- being able to slap the text directly into your blog is nice, for a start, and the sharing worked more or less how I thought it would. The one thing I thought was missing was the ability to share it unreservedly- it would have been nice to just slap a document up there and let anyone mess with it.

Instead, I just put it up as a page. Want to see my google doc? Find it here. Want to add to it? Drop me a comment and I'll add you as a collaborator (I love that they used that particular term. It sounds like we're planning to overthrow the Nazis or something.)

1 comment:

Nerd of the Library said...

A very suspense-invoking piece. Add some more.
And do you have the matching drawing for this piece?
*Everyone chants:*
"WE want drawings! WE WANT DRAWINGS!"
(Oh but your writing is equally as impressive! Well done!)
:-)