Friday, September 12, 2008

Wikid II

I have to confess that Wikis challenge my sometimes, uh, less than fulsome belief in my fellow man. Anyone who has experienced any kind of online gaming environment will soon see that a public forum combined with effective anonymity creates, in a certain kind of person, the apparently irresistable desire to share their opinions. And by 'share', I mean 'shout'. And by 'opinions', I mean 'stupidity'. And by 'person', I mean...

Whoah there. Best keep this PG 13.

So it's always good to have a reminder that it's not you against the vocal idiots of the world, it's you and the rest of the world.

As one of my readers, of course, I am automatically discounting the possibility that you're one of the idiots, as you must be a person of taste, discretion and intellect.

Why are you looking at me like that?

1 comment:

Sleepydumpling said...

And the most important lesson to learn from any online activity?

Never feed the troll!